This page contains information and advice for businesses on both support available, how to stay safe, and key policy changes in light of the Coronavirus pandemic. I know many businesses have been seriously affected by the pandemic and the restrictions required to control the spread of infection. In addition to the measures below, I am pressing the Government for further support for sectors most affected, including aviation, events and the wedding industry.
The Government have set out a package of measures to support businesses including a dedicated portal for business which is available here. This sets out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
For further support you can contact the Government's Business Support Helpline on 0300 456 3565 and the HMRC helpline on 0800 0159 559, or use their online support tools available here .
Links to further information on key policies, support measures and advice are available below.
Guidance for employers
- Guidance for employers and businesses
- What you need to do and how to keep employees safe
- How to clean workplaces safely
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): Employer guidance
- Annual leave rule changes
- What to do if an employee needs time off to look after dependents
- Apprenticeship programme response
Support for businesses
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- Claiming back Statutory Sick Pay
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Tax helpline for businesses affected by Coronavirus
- Ban on evictions for commercial tenants
- Guidance for landlords
- Guidance for businesses requested to close
- Guidance for further business closures, including a list of those affected
Support for self-employed and sole traders